Below you will see information on the Historic and Cultural Landmarks Commission meeting.
There are 2 dates listed for upcoming meetings. Please come and show your support.
If you cannot attend, contact city council and show your support for the preservation of the Stockyards.
The Historic and Cultural Landmarks Commission voted yesterday on the following Stockyards items:
- Voted to recommend denial of the City Council nominated historic district, which is the blue boundary in attached Map 1.
- Voted to recommend approval of the larger Landmarks Commission nominated historic district, which is the red boundary in attached Map 1.
- Voted to recommend approval of all of the individual structure designations shown in Map 2.
- Wednesday, March 9, 1:00p - Zoning Commission holds public hearing and votes on both Stockyards historic district zoning cases and all individual designation zoning cases.
- Tuesday, April 5, 7:00p - City Council holds public hearing and votes on all Stockyards zoning cases.
The ordinance for the Stockyards historic district will provide that applicant appeals of Historic and Cultural Landmarks Commission decisions will be heard by the City Council, rather than the Board of Adjustment. This is the same appeals procedure that was included in the Stockyards design overlay district ordinance for appeals of Urban Design Commission decisions.