Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Mayors Everywhere - Part 2

In our previous post, we asked what kind of mayor YOU wanted?

We like this kind.

We cut the town's debt by over 50%, built a very nice municipal park and library which provides computers with internet access to the community, as well as wii fit systems to area residents. We also have won the Governor's challenge on fitness four of the six years I was involved and two of the four years I served as mayor. Another proud moment was when we installed solar panels on our municipal building. We did all of this without raising taxes or putting undue burden on the taxpayers. Another thing that I am very proud of, is that we partnered with area churches to develop programs to help our area youth. This was very successful and well attended by our area youth. However, the thing that I am most proud of, is that we came together as a community and stood shoulder to shoulder to protect our turf.

I would like to thank the citizens of DISH, and others around the United States as well as the World who have supported me and my family through all of this. Please know to all of you that have adopted me as your mayor, that I am still your mayor and will support you however you need me too. Thanks again.

A Mayor that stood WITH his citizens and stood up for them.  One that cut debt and made progress without shouldering his citizens with the burden of higher taxes.  One that made great strides not only in his town, but all over the U.S. 
 
We salute Calvin Tillman, former Mayor of DISH, Texas.  Current Mayor of many.  Carry on, sir!

No comments: