Monday, January 30, 2012

Occupy Wood Shed 6%

If you want to see what YOUR tax dollars paid for, you're invited to come out to the Woodshed Wednesday afternoon.  We hear there will be a big group taking a look before the boycott starts Thursday.  We're also told they'll be going to eat bar-b-que at Pappa's on the Trinity River after they occupy.  So, no tent needed to make a statement.

DFW.com just did an article on the repeatedly delayed opening.  Wonder why they didn't do one of the flooded Wakeboard park? 

Love and the Trinity River Vision Authority have taken some heat because the TRVA signed a 10-year lease with Love without open bidding. But Love says he hopes the restaurant, located just west of University Drive not far from Hoffbrau Steaks, will help open the door for other restaurants along the river.

"I've gotten beat up a little bit in the last couple of months," he continues. "But I'm trying to make [the river area] better. When I did the lease, I said, 'I want to do something for the river.' Somehow that backfired on me. I thought people would be excited about the fact that they could come here and drink a beer and 6 percent of it goes back to the [district]. I mean, that's pretty cool."

No comments: