PRO - County Judge Glen Whitley
CON - Colleyville City Councilman Chris Putnam
Followed by presentation of a resolution for TCRA members about the project
Why You Should Attend----
- Learn facts and figures about the project and the proposed routing.
- Hear what the experience of other communities around the Country has been.
- Understand the costs - both upfront and operational subsidies - to the taxpayers.
- Question the presenters about any use of eminent domain.
- Listen as the presenters discuss the alternatives to such a light rail project.
- Enjoy some Christmas cheer with other TCRA members.
Glen Whitley is a CPA, now County Judge, who has been involved in the planning and development of the project. He will have data provided by the Regional Transportation Commission of the North Central Texas Council of Governments.
Councilman Chris Putnam is a Senior VP with Synchronoss Technologies, a NASDAQ listed company. He has been part of the Colleyville community since 2006 and can present reasons why the project is of questionable value.
When: Wednesday, December 10, 2014
Time: 6:45 pm Social - meet & greet
7:15 pm Program on TEXRAIL (15 minutes per side)
7:45 pm Presentation and debate on a TEXRAIL resolution
8:00 pm Christmas celebration - libations and light hors d'oeuvres
Where: Rose Room, Fort Worth Botanic Garden
(On the west side of University Blvd. about ¼ mile north of I-30)
Cost: Open to Assembly members and the general public at no charge