Wednesday, May 11, 2011

WHO's Money is it?

A very cool teenager found $2,000 in a parking lot and turned it in.  No, it's not a joke, it's a true story. 

Then Dallas kept the money.  That's their policy, ya know.  WHAT does that teach kids about being honest and doing the right thing?

We'd rather the money go to an honest kid than a crooked politician any day.   We can only hope a 15 year old like this will someday run for office.

"I don't regret making the decision I did," she said. "I feel proud of myself for giving the money back. It's one of the biggest decisions of my life."

Kudos to Ashley Donaldson and to her parents for raising her to know the meaning of integrity.  Our "leaders" could learn a thing or two from this kid.

Also, kudos to the anonymous donor that stepped up and gave the teen some cash.  Sounds like it was needed and it was very well deserved.  You can read about it on WFAA.com.

No comments: