Monday, March 21, 2011

More Small Town Politics...

Another letter to the Editor in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram about the Haltom City EDC fiasco.  Seems THE PEOPLE want the "news" to tell the whole story, and hold elected officials and city staff paid by their tax dollars accountable.

WHO's in charge over there?

More to the story

I am not satisfied with the reporting about the fiasco that is the Haltom City Economic Development Corp. It appears to me a small covert group is operating within a larger covert group calling itself the EDC. I do not believe there was enough investigation by the Star-Telegram. (See: "Haltom City fires consultant after audit," Wednesday) If what appears to me is true, the whole shooting match is illegal, and the open meetings act is not being observed.

Had I known this story was going to appear, I would have filed for the mayor's position; the only person who filed is part of the council put in place during the political coup of 2004, and he was on the EDC for several years. I unsuccessfully ran for council last year with the major platform being the EDC; if there is still an EDC in January 2012, I will be running for the same Place 5 seat.

-- Bob Watkins, Haltom City

No comments: