Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Urgent Fort Worth

If you're okay with having a concrete recycling operation near your home, there's no need to do anything.

A message from Mary Kelleher -

Attention Fort Worth east side!

CONCRETE RECYCLING ON ZONING COMMISSION AGENDA!

In July, I posted about illegal concrete recycling operations on the east side. Here's an update! 

The operations were stopped by the City of Fort Worth and the developer is currently being investigated by the City, USACE, and EPA for his illegal operations. Now he's trying to make his concrete recycling operations legal by requesting a zoning change. Somehow, the notice fell through our cracks and this is being presented at zoning tomorrow at 1 PM. 

I have attached a link below with information about the potential dangers of having concrete recycling operations near neighborhoods. 

If you're okay with having a concrete recycling operation near your home, there's no need to do anything. If you're not okay with this, please email Jocelyn.Murphy@fortworthtexas.gov  first thing in the morning. It can be an email as simple as "My name is ------ and I am opposed to ZC-17-016. I do not want concrete recycling in my neighborhood." 

If anyone is available to speak at the hearing tomorrow, please message me.

EAST FORT WORTH...NOT JUST DUST IN THE WIND

No comments: